Feidhmchláir Ghaeilge don Ghuthán | Irish Language Phone Applications
Maithú, an Irish IT company are launching two FREE Irish language applications for the iPhone and Google Android App stores.
The 'Get the Focal Irish Translator' is a two way Irish-English, English-Irish Translator with a database of over 13,000 words and terms which live in your pocket. It is quick and accurate, can be used for completing that Irish assignment, reading articles as Gaeilge, or filling in a ‘cúpla focal’ here and there. If you're looking for help with speaking Irish then try our full version which contains pronunciations for all translations.
- It is great for Irish language students, teachers or enthusiasts.
- The application translates instantly without the need to connect to the internet.
- It is fun and easy to use with an intuitive user interface.
- Content approved by the Irish language body, Foras na Gaeilge
The app can be found on the iTunes App store and on the Android App store as the 'Get the Focal Free Irish Translator'.
Maithú are also upgrading their existing 'Get the Focal' iPhone application to include:
- Pronunciations so you'll be speaking Irish in no time
- Search online for over 120,000 words and terms, including the full O'Donaill Dictionary.
- Translates sentences
- No ads: The whole screen is yours
Existing 'Get the focal' users can upgrade their application for free to get access to the improved functionality. New users can find the app on the iTunes App store for €2.99
More details are available on http://www.getthefocal.com.
Maithú limited are an IT company established by brothers Michael, Kerrill and David Thornhill from Shannonbridge, Co.Offaly. They specialise in customised software for computers and mobile devices, web application development and hosting.
Cillian O’Mongain has has come on board for Get the Focal to add improved interface design and usability.
For more information about Maithú please contact Kerrill Thornhill on 087 9349516