Arising from the decision of the North/South Ministerial Council (NSMC) of 02 December 2009 Foras na Gaeilge wishes to appoint a consultant to carry out the following work:
Draft a comprehensive business case in line with DCAL and DAHG guidelines on the way forward that will include the following items:
1. The necessity of the change from core funding to a new system, which will include an external and internal strategic context,
2. A list of possible options,
3. Carry out an analysis on all the options which will include
- the risks,
- the costs, including running costs, direct costs and indirect costs
- the non-monetary advantages and disadvantages,
- the efficacy of each option
4. The aims of the change,
5. Recognise and recommend the best option.
The contract will be agreed in the first instance for a 6 month period. The successful candidate will be answerable to Foras na Gaeilge and reporting to the CEO. Offers will be welcomed from applicants who have the following skills:
Experience and understanding of compiling high quality business cases, comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Irish language sector and the promotion of Irish,
Advanced communication skills, both spoken and written,
Understanding of the state of the language North/South, and
Experience of writing reports, both interim reports and complete final reports.
Any candidate with a conflict of interest will be disqualified.
27 July 2012 is the deadline for applications.
The successful candidate must be able to undertake the work immediately. The working language of Foras na Gaeilge is Irish and it is desirable that the candidate (or his or her agent) be fluent in Irish and able to do the work through Irish.