Foras na Gaeilge
Oideachas | Education
- Educational Resources to Order
- Other Support for teaching Irish and teaching through the medium of Irish
- Participation of Foras na Gaeilge in the Education System
- Contact Details
To support the teaching of Irish and teaching through the medium of Irish.
To advise both Governments, their agents and all others who require it in respect to Irish as it affects and is affected by the field of education.
- To persuade and, where necessary, to put pressure on educational organisations to secure a proper place for Irish in their ethos and policies.
- To cooperate with, and act as advocate and advisor for organisations and individuals who promote Irish in education as a lifelong process.
- To assist in and facilitate the development and provision of
- Irish language educational resources at all levels
- Irish language courses and courses through the medium of Irish at all levels
SCRÚDUITHE TEG 2013
Beidh scrúduithe Theastas Eorpach na Gaeilge (TEG) ar siúl in ionaid ar fud na tíre (Dún na nGall, Maigh Eo, Gaillimh, Luimneach, Ciarraí, Corcaigh, Cill Chainnigh, Má Nuad & Béal Feirste) ar na dátaí seo:
Seo do sheans cáilíocht aitheanta a bhaint amach sa Ghaeilge. Is féidir aitheantas a fháil ar scileanna labhartha Gaeilge den chéad uair i mbliana agus an scrúdú cainte amháin a dhéanamh.
Tuilleadh eolais ag www.teg.ie nó cuir glaoch ar 01 7083737.
- To promote Irish in all aspects of education as a lifelong process.
- To take part in and to make submissions to both Governments, their agents and committees that have educational terms of reference.
- To support and assist the learning of and use of Irish in all aspects of the lifelong education process.
The provision and administration of annual grants for the main Irish language organizations that promote the Irish language within the Community Sector nationally.
Including: FNT, Gaelscoileanna Teo, Comhar na Múinteoirí Gaeilge, Altram, an tÁisaonad, Gael-linn, Comhluadar, Cumann na bhFiann
Summer Camps' Scheme
- Aim: To support groups outside the Gaeltacht to organise Summer camps through the medium of Irish between 02 July 2012 and 31 August 2012.
- Support Available: Up to €5,000 / £3,500 – to keep fees for young people low.
- Target Group:
i. Children between 3 and 16 years of age
ii. Camp Organizers – Irish teachers, voluntary workers
- Status: Open To obtain further information on this scheme Click Here
GLEO 2011 - Micheál Ó Muircheartaigh was pleased to return to Croke Park to present the winners of GLEO 2011 with their awards.
Youth Events Scheme
- Aim: To support groups or individuals outside of the Gaeltacht to organise events through the medium of Irish, for young people, outside school hours between 1 September 2012 and 30 June 2013.
- Support Available: up to €5,000 / £3,500 – to keep fees for young people low.
- Target Group:
i. Children between 3 and 18 years of age
ii. Organizers – Irish teachers, voluntary workers
- Status: (Open) To obtain more information on this scheme click here
GLEO (Gaeilge Labhartha san Earnáil Oideachais – Spoken Irish in the Education Sector)
- Foras na Gaeilge invites your school
to produce a short video clip that
will show the school’s best practice
in relation to spoken Irish. Have
fun with GLEO as you create an
innovative short video in Irish.
Schools will receive recognition at
three different levels. Click Here
- For Educational Resources to order click Here
- Resource Service
To provide certain resources for schools from time to time to support the teaching of Irish
- Support available free of charge (dependant on availability of stock):
- Playing cards
- Pens/Multi coloured pens
- CDs to accompany stories (2 different sets available)
- Target Group:
Students learning Irish on the island of Ireland
Irish language teaching staff at primary level and post-primary level.
- Continually available, depending on stock levels
- An Gúm – teaching resources for both primary and post-primary, including Séideán Sí, fiction and non-fiction books , reading material
- www.focal.ie Online terminology database
- WinGléacht – Ó Dónaill Irish-English Dictionary available on CD-ROM
i. Information on Irish
ii. Information about Irish courses
iii. Information about teaching resources for Irish for every level from preschool to adult learner.
- GSPT (Grúpa Stiúrtha ar Pholasaí Tumoideachais - Steering Group on Immersion Education Policy). This group was established by Foras na Gaeilge in 2006 to agree an immersion education policy with other interested parties.
- CCGCO (Coiste Comhordaithe don Ghaeilge sa Chóras Oideachais –Coordinating Committee for Irish in the Education System).
- Representation on the council of NCCA.
- Advisory Group for the Support Team for Secondary Level
- CATOC (Comhchoiste um Áiseanna, Tacaíocht, Oiliúint is Curaclam – Joint Committee for Resources, Support, Training and Curriculum)
- Representation on the board of COGG
The Education Section
Seán Ó Coinn
Seosamh Ó Coinne (Programme Manager)
Ré Ó Baoill
Caitlín Ní Chonghaile
Ciarán Mac Giolla Bhéin
Séamus Mac Conmidhe
Tel: + 353 1 639 8400
Fax: + 353 1 639 8401
Tel: +44 28 90890970
Fax: +44 28 90890972
Gaoth Dobhair Office:
Tel: +35374 9560113 / 9560114