Cabhair | Help
Welcome to Foras na Gaeilge’s new website, Gaeilge.ie. We would like to invite everyone to check out this brilliant new resource. We would also like to invite you to register with us and be part of thesite.
Gaeilge.ie, is a great resource for anyone interested in any aspect of the
The aims of the newForas na Gaeilge website are:
- To create a central well of information on the internet for everything to do with the Irish language, classes, course, events, etc
- To create a link for every Irish language group, organization and person who has any dealings with the Irish language.
- A convenient site available for advertising Irish language events, not only in Ireland but around the world.
- Anyone at all who is interested in the Irish Language
- Learners who are looking for information on how to learn and use the Irish Language
- People who already have the Irish Language who are looking for a place/opportunities to use it
- People who are organizing events, classes and conversation circles through the Irish Language
- People or Companies who do all, or part of their business, through the Irish
- Readers of Irish Books
By registering to Gaeilge.ie, you will be able to place ads in our Events Guide for any event you are organizing, and are also able to place ads in theClassified Ads directory. And those who register can also update their information in the Directory. If you register with us you will be ableto create e-mail alerts to keep you informed about relevant ads & events. As well as thatyou will be able to save interesting or important ads.
This site will be very useful for running or publishing Irish language events.
Besides the engines there are articles that describe the language itself and on how and where it can be used. This covers everything from the history of the language to where the best place is to get a meal using the Irish Language.
There are nine fields available on www.gaeilge.ie
- The Irish Language
- Using and Learning
- Classes and Resources
- Gnó Means Business
- Foras na Gaeilge
If you are looking for anything else then make use of the hundreds of links that we have with other groups and companies. It’s that easy!
If you have any difficulties with the site, use the search engines or the website map. You can also use the contact form or the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org if you have other difficulties or questions about the website.
The Main Engines
As well asthe search engines there are three main engines on Gaeilge.ie to date – the Directory , Classes and Conversation Circles and Events. Anyregistered user can use these main engines. These are engines where free advertising and publicity on events, courses, conversation circles and companies nó groups can be given.
The Directory is made available to people who are registered with Gaeilge.ie. If a person or group registers with Gaeilge.ie they can put details about their business in the directory. You can enter the following on Gaeilge.ie:
a paragraph on your company or group
- contact details
- a link to your own site
- As well as all this you can also place your company or group logo on our site.
Classes and Conversation Circles
Classes and Conversational Circles is a classified advertising service. Here are some of the key features:
- You can browse the lists.
- You can search for or advertise an Irish language course or a conversation circle.
- It's fast and simple. You're just a few clicks away from reading or creating ads.
It doesn't matter whether you're a fluent Irish speaker or have just a few words. There is no better way to improve your Irish than practising it, and this is why he have made an events guide available on Gaeilge.ie. Now if anyone would like to take part in Irish language events they will be able to get information about local events.
People can also advertise their events in this engine.
How to use Gaeilge.ie
In this section you will get samples on how to use the main engines of Gaeilge.ie
1. Register with Gaeilge.ie
One doesn’t have to be very well versed in computers to use Gaeilge.ie. All you have to do is follow the instructions. But, just in case, here are some directions on how to use this site:
Click the button “Register Now!”
Fill in all the boxes.
Follow the directions.
As easy as that!!
Don’t forget that you must be registered to do any advertising.
2. The Directory
Let’s say that you chose Síle as a user name when you registered with us, and that you used MacGabhann2 as a password.
Read below the directions on how to use the Directory
- Your username is Síle.
- Your password is MacGabhann2.
- Click on Log in.
- Click on My Eolaire at the top of the screen (if you aren’t logged in already).
- Click on View at my Directory.
- To change this information click on Edit Directory Entry.
- Click on Edit Directory Entry.
- Follow the directions
3. Classes and Conversation Circles
Be certain that you are logged in before you use this engine. Here you will find information on how to make free advertisements and how to find aclass or conversation circle that you were looking for;
- Click on Classes and Conversation Circles
- Now click on “Advertise a Class or Conversation Circle – Classes and Facilities”
- Follow the instructions.
- You can also do a search in this section. All you have to do is to click on the type of ad that you would like to search for(Conversation Circles/Irish Language Courses/Online Irish Language Courses).
- It’s a little bit too easy!!!
The theory behind this section is nearly the same as the last. Before you do anything else though, make sure you’ve logged in if you want to place ads.
- Click on my Events.
- Click on “Advertise with Foras na Gaeilge”.
- Follow the instructions.
- You can also do a search in this section. All you have to do is click “Search By Events”!!!